Thursday, August 25, 2011

Me

     My name is Peter Vaccarella and I am a senior at Thomas Worthington HS.  The long road through public education has almost come to an end for me and it seems like it started just yesterday.  for grades k-6 I attended Worthington Park Elementary School.  It was there that I got my first glimpse of the "real world" by  interacting with other classmates and seeing everyone views on the world.  Even though it's arguable that all little kids want is to be entertained and that they have no real views here or there, but what most people don't realize is that elementary school is what builds a personality in a person.  It is there that you make your first friends, learn your basic subjects, and experience something completely new and wonderful, also known as school.  In the fourth grade I got involved in lacrosse and from there on I loved it.  Ever since my first game I've always wanted to keep practicing and get better.  Elementary school is just the beginning though; the next big challenge is middle school.
      Middle School was a fun experience for me.  I started meeting a bunch of new people and  my social life exploded.  It wasn't just good for my social life though.  The new atmosphere in the bigger school was a big change too.  The idea of switching classes every hour was a huge difference then just having one teacher you see all day every day.  Not only that, but having to go to my locker to get books in between classes and not being late was all to much for me at the time.  As all things do though, I adjusted to the different atmosphere and in no time I was more comfortable then ever.  Middle school was also the first time I participated in a team sport.  Before then all sports were was an unorganized group of kids just out to have fun.  Middle school was a lot more competitive and it called for a lot more teamwork.
     Finally, I entered high school.  My sister was a junior at the time so she helped me out and showed me around a couple of times before school started, but it was a crazy new experience.  In high school kids start to show extreme individuality.  I luckily have been hanging out with the same people since elementary school and we all seem to like the same thing so I never had to find my way into a "clic".  All of high school has gone by so fast and now I'm a senior trying to live it up as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you note how much kids know in elementary school, even if they aren't given credit for knowing things. That's neat that you've been able to stay connected with the individuals that you've know since elementary school!

    ReplyDelete